Hello out there! I know it’s been a long time since I posted anything, but I’ve been a busy, busy bee. 🙂 I’ll do my best to fight my natural long-winded nature and give you a summary of what I’ve been up to the last couple of months. I’ll use bullet points to ensure I stick to the short-n-sweet thing.
- My editor, Liz, and I came up with the perfect title for my category romance: Seducing Cinderella
- It was decided that SC would launch the Brazen line for Entangled, as opposed to being a part of the Indulgence line. Both lines are category romances, but the Brazen imprint is for books with spicier smexin in them. And apparently, yours truly writes things a little too spicy to stay in the Indulgence parameters. LOL
- Received mind-blowing positive feedback on those who had the opportunity to read SC in advance. This made me both super excited and extremely ill. I’ve been a jumble of nerves on an emotional roller coaster ever since.
- I worked with a friend from college–Laura Coleman, who is made of awesomesauce–on a new tagline for me as an author: Romance that moves you in more ways than one. (Anyone who needs a copywriter for anything, Laura is definitely your girl.)
- I’m currently working with a friend from high school–Brock Miles, who is totally amazeballs–on designing my official author website. Okay, so he’s designing it and I’m just saying, “Yes, I love it!” (Anyone in need of a crazy talented web designer/photographer, let me know and I’ll put you in touch with Brock.)
- I worked with my good friend–Jamie Burch of Chasing the Moon Creations–on designing a unique anklet that is featured in the SC story for a special promotional giveaway, and also for anyone to order it who loves the book and wants a replica of the gift Reid gives to Lucie. (Click on the link to learn more about Lucie’s Anklet & Jamie’s custom jewelry.)
- I’ve ordered gorgeous promotional bookmarks in preparation for SC’s release.
- I’ve been writing the book that comes after SC, called Rules of Entanglement, in hopes of selling the idea of a Fighting for Love series that will feature more MMA heroes for the Brazen line.
- Yesterday, I successfully sold Rules of Entanglement and two additional books (they don’t have titles yet) to Entangled, making the Fighting for Love series 4 books in all so far.
So as you can see, it’s been a busy, yet wonderful, two months! This is fast shaping up to be my favorite month this year. Not only is my very first published novel, Seducing Cinderella, releasing on the 15th, but the 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday, plus I’ll be celebrating my 13th wedding anniversary on the 16th. Combine all of that with the fact that I’ll have finished RoE by the end of next week and my contract sales are now a total of 7 books sold to a single publisher in less than 4 months…I just couldn’t be happier.
So please stick with me as I finally take the leap from unpublished writer to published author. You’ve all been so wonderful to me throughout this entire journey, and I thank you from the bottom of my literary soul.